Written by Dr.Albana Greca Sejdini, Md, MMedSc
Medically reviewed by Dr.Ruden Cakoni, MD, Endocrinologist
Type 1 Diabetes and Alcohol Drinking
QUESTION: I have a girlfriend, shes diabetic type 1, juvenile she had it since she was 11, she's now 23.
I read parts of this site, but my question is: is there any kind of alcohol that she can at least have, like brandy or rum, of course not beer anymore i just read your site.
Is there any alternative or substitute for that, maybe she could drink wine and the like or gin labeled alcohol drinks?
I am sorry for telling your that "alcohol" means all "alcoholic drinks", all those drinks that contain alcohol. No exception. Otherwise, your girlfriend will be in trouble. Many problems will come including hypoglycemia episodes.
Help her stop drinking alcohol for the sake of her health. Try not to drink in front of her to give her strength of quitting alcohol (any drink).
Shift to healthy activities (healthy foods and drinks, exercise : running, swimming,etc) and so on to keep healthy and stay alive for much more years.
Good luck and take good care of yourselves!! Your health and life is worthy! Don't waste it!
What the community is asking about:
- Effect of Vinegar on Type 2 Diabetes?
- High fiber/ high BS
- Raw Sweet Potatoes & Diabetes
- Ideal Diabetic Diet & Natural Remedies!
- Rambutan To Control Blood Sugar Level
- Some info on diabetes and stroke lifestyle and dietary regime?
- Is Red Wine Good to Bring Sugar Less than 160?
- Pathophysiology of kangkong in decreasing blood sugar level
- Does brown rice raise your blood sugar level?
- Diabetes food restrictions
- Natural solutions to lower my high numbers of blood sugar
Click here to post comments or follow up
Ask the Doctor now? Simply click here to return to Diabetes Diet and Foods.