There are more and more people in our days wondering pre diabetes symptoms. They have all the right of the world taking in consideration how fast diabetes is being spread all over the world, and more and more people are recently diagnosed with diabetes.
There are no real pre diabetes symptoms. That means that you may have pre diabetes without noticing it for several years. And when diabetes is set you may know its existence.
In fact, pre diabetes is a cryptic condition in which although you may have high blood sugar level, you don’t have any single physical sign or symptom.
But you must keep in mind the importance of some risk factors that can switch you to pre diabetes and then to diabetes. So, it’s very important to know if :
• You are more than 45 years old
• You are overweight, and your BMI, which is body mass index, is more than 25.
• You are part of a high risk ethnic group, such as African-American, Native American, Hispanic, or Native Hawaiian.
• You have a history of gestational diabetes or you’ve delivered a baby weighed more than 9 pounds.
• You’ve have family history of diabetes, that is you may have your nearly relatives, such as your parents, your brothers or sisters or your grandparents with diabetes.
• You may be suffering of other metabolic problems, such as high cholesterol and triglycerides, high LDL cholesterol and low HDL cholesterol. Or maybe you may have insulin resistance, hypertension or even central obesity.
• If you are a woman and are suffering of polycystic ovarian syndrome, you need to check for pre diabetes symptoms too. Most probably you’ll have it.
Coming to pre symptoms of diabetes and how to recognize them, first of all you need to be careful to the following symptoms
• Unusual excessive thirst
• Having a frequent desire to urinate
• Extreme fatigue
• Blurred vision.
Be careful to the above symptoms, especially to being all time thirsty and in the bathroom.
But to finally determine if you have pre diabetes or not, you need to do two tests recommended from your doctor.
The first one is fasting plasma glucose test, which is done after fasting 8 hours. If the results of this test are100 mg/dL - 125 mg/dL, then for sure you have pre diabetes.
If you do the oral glucose tolerance test, done after two hours of drinking a glass of very sugary concentrated drink and its results are140 mg/dL to 199 mg/dL, then you have pre diabetes.
pre diabetes symptoms
Jun 06, 23 06:56 AM
May 05, 23 05:59 AM
Apr 27, 23 04:33 PM
If this page was helpful, please take a quick moment to share with friends...
Social media drives a lot of traffic to this website so "thank you"!!!
Ask A question Or Leave a comment.