Actos is a drug used as a treatment for diabetes types 2. This drug is not supposed to be used in patients with type 1 diabetes. Actos enhances the insulin sensitivity in the patients and therefore, helping in the improvement of their condition.
As a drug, Actos action is associated with side effects. However, most of the patients tend to tolerate this medication very well and they do not experience any side effects at all.
Several clinical trials have been estimated the exact percentage of people, which could experience one or more of the side effects. These percentages are extremely helpful for the patients, because they would be able to decide whether they want to start this drug therapy or not.
The most common Actos side effects are:
1. Infections in the upper respiratory tract - 13.2% of the patient do experience some kind of common cold during the treatment.
2. Headache - one of the most common side effects and yet not specific, with 9.1% of the patients might experience it.
3. Sinus infection - this complication occur in less than 6.3%.
4. Muscle pain - generally occurs in 5.4% of diabetics.
5. Problems with the tooth - 5.3% experience this.
6. Sore throat - rather unspecific complication, which is experienced by 5.1% of patients.
7. Swelling (or edema) is experienced by 4.8% of the patients, undergoing a treatment with Actos.
Some of the side effects are rather dangerous for you. That’s why, if you experience any of these side effects, you need to pay a visit to your doctor as soon as possible. These complications are to be reported immediately. They include:
1. Extreme high blood sugar is a complex sum of symptoms:
a. Increased thirst
b. Blurred vision
c. Increased urination
d. Nausea and/or vomiting
e. Increased hunger
g. Shortness of breath
2. Extreme low blood sugar is a very critical condition, which is much more dangerous from high blood sugar. Immediate hospitalization is required and the dosage of the drug needs to be fixed. Symptoms include:
b. Extreme hunger
c. Cold sweats
f. Difficulty speaking
g. Loosing coordination
h. Blurry vision
j. Sometimes, patients could experience Seizures
3. Heart problems, which are represented by congestive heart failure, include:
a. Trouble breathing
b. Swelling- ankles and legs predominantly
4. Weight gain - this is a sign that the dosage needs to be regulated. In most of cases, weight gain is related to edema (water retention) when this drugs is used.
5. Liver problems:
a. Stomach pain
b. Dark urine
c. Nausea and/or vomiting
e. You could lose your appetite
f. Yellow skin, eye or you could feel your skin itchy
These Actos side effects could harm your health that’s why you need to be very accurate when you examine your body.
At the end: PREVENTION IS BETTER THAN CURE! As you may see, the drugs carry their own complications. Therefore, gamble all your strength and start beating diabetes naturally .
Remember: NEVER SURRENDER! You can do it! Yes, you can!